I thought I would do something different this week and post 23 indelible quotes on life, relationships and being you best version. These are some of my favorite quotes. They have impacted my life in one way or another, from getting through a tough time, to helping me improve the quality of a relationship, to reminding me I am enough and capable of great things.
23 Indelible Quotes On Life, Relationships And Being Your Best Version
1.”I’m delusionally in love with myself. On the one hand I know I’m nowhere near as good looking as I think I am, but because I’m delusional about it, I’m fearless. I don’t care how good looking the guy is. I’ll walk in with Brad Pitt and I will fuck his girlfriend that night. It is that will…that makes things happen. It starts with will. First you need people skills, language skills, and other than that the will of a giant” – Gene Simmons
2. “There is nothing like a challenge to bring out the best in a man” – Sean Connery
3.“At the end of the day, it’s not about what you have or even what you’ve accomplished. It’s about what you’ve done with those accomplishments, who you’ve lifted up, who you’ve made better. It’s about what you’ve given back” – Denzel Washington
4.“Every man knows that his highest purpose in life cannot be reduced to any particular relationship. If a man prioritizes his relationship over his highest purpose, he weakens himself… the universe, and cheats his woman of an authentic man who can offer his full, undivided presence” – David Dieda
5.”Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work'” – Stephen King
6. “Never say ‘no’ to adventures. Always say ‘yes’, otherwise you’ll lead a very dull life” – Ian Fleming
7. “Never let the fear of striking out get in your way” Babe Ruth
8. “I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear” – Nelson Mandela
9. “They say all marriages are made in heaven, but so are thunder and lightning” – Clint Eastwood
10. “Dream as if you’ll live forever. Live as if you’ll die today” – James Dean
11.“Talk low, talk slow and don’t talk too much” – John Wayne
12. “The roughest road often leads to the top” – Christina Aguilera
13. “Poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of others” – Madonna
14. “There’s really nothing I can do about the situation, I just relax my nerves, let it all go, and realize that it’s out of my hands. I might as well relax if there’s nothing I can do about it at that point, especially since I refuse to suffer”- Bruce Bryans
15. “I have failed over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed” Michael Jordan
16. “To me every hour of the day and night is an unspeakably perfect miracle” – Walt Whitman
17. “No bird soars too high as he soars with his own wings” – William Blake
18. “You cannot find peace by avoiding life” – Virgina Wolfe
19. “Life has no limitations except the ones you make” – Les Brown
20. “A loving relationship is one in which the loved one is free to be himself — to laugh with me, but never at me; to cry with me, but never because of me; to love life, to love himself, to love being loved. Such a relationship is based upon freedom and can never grow in jealousy ” – Leo F. Buscaglia
21. “Hey, you have a full set of teeth…I really like that in a woman!” – Corey Wayne
22. “It is better to risk starving to death then surrender. If you give up on your dreams, what’s left?” – Jim Carrey
23. “Feel the fear…and do it anyway” – Susan Jeffers
Bonus quote: “If you care about what people think of you you will always be their prisoner”- Sun Tzu
Something To Ponder
I love reading motivational and inspirational quotes as much as the next person. But I don’t stop there. I apply what I learn and take action. If you’re not doing this then the quotes you read are nothing but words on paper.
“Action is what unites every great success. Action is what produces results. Knowledge is only potential power until it comes into the hands of someone who knows how to get himself to take effective action. In fact, the literal definition of the word “power” is the ability to act”- Tony Robbins
Now get out there and live what you read!
As always, thanks for reading.