I’m Michael Riley, a ‘perfectly imperfect man’ doing all I can to be a better man. I started this blog in February 2016 with the goal of connecting with men who want to become better – better husbands, fathers, brothers, uncles, mates, better with women and relationships, better with money, life choices, health, and so on.
While I haven’t got there yet I’m getting closer everyday and through this blog my hope is you are too.
I’m a pretty easy going bloke, but there are a few things that piss me off:
- Men who settle in life, work and relationships
- Victim mentalities and negativity
- Men who lack integrity, accountability, and responsibility
I have close to thirty years experience dating women, and openly shares this knowledge and insight with you throughout this blog. I’m not afraid of talking about my many failures with women, either. As long as you’re willing to learn, talking about my ‘failures’ with women helps you, I believe, more than talking about my successes or how to be successful with women.
As a former long term sufferer of social anxiety, nervousness, and low self-esteem, I know first hand what it’s like to feel isolated, alone, helpless, and depressed. In my experience the best and most effective way to overcome this is by intentionally putting yourself in embarrassing or uncomfortable situations on a consistent basis. This is why I created Next Level Comfort Zone Challenges.
In 2016, our first year running the course, I helped a small group of men overcome, or better manage, social anxiety, nervousness, fear, and self-doubt. I am incredibly proud of this achievement. I am taking a break in 2017, but thinking about re-opening the online course in 2018.
- Produce well written, lively, value rich content at all times.
- Only share resources I trust and know work.
- Continually assess, evaluate and improve this blog so you always have a memorable experience and get the most from it and do so in a fun, relaxed and easy-going way so your time here is not only memorable, but enjoyable as well.
Generally every Thursday and Sunday.
More About Me
- I’m a Men’s coach
- I am a mentor/role model for young men living in Out Of Home Care.
- I have a Bachelor of Arts degree in English Lit. from James Cook University.
- I’ve had over 30 sales jobs and been laid off more than once – a ‘blessing in disguise’, though I didn’t think so at the time.
- I’m a fanatical James Bond fan – Sean Connery and Daniel Craig are my favorites.
- I play touch football and indoor cricket.
- I’m a martial artist (Krav Maga and Karate)
- I’m a published poet
- I play guitar, mostly rock and blues.
- I like most music- AC/DC and Guns-N-Roses are my favorite bands.
- My favourite dishes are Italian, Indian, and Middle Eastern cuisines; bacon and eggs; chicken; and of course the humble Aussie meat pie!
Keep In Touch:
You can contact me using the form below