I got an email from a reader the other day with the subject line: “How do I ask her out when she’s working?”
The writer says he’s been flirting with this girl who works in Costco. She’s a check out chick. She’s been flirting back, laughing at my dumb jokes, and hinting she wants me to ask her out. For example, the other day she said didn’t have any plans for the weekend. I said “it’s a pity I’m working…” she finished my sentence with “yeah, we could’ve hung out.”
I want to ask her out but I don’t feel it’s appropriate while she’s working, and besides it’s hard because she’s either always working with someone, or other customers are waiting in line. Any ideas on how to get around this?
How do I ask her out when she’s working? is a question I get asked a lot so I thought I would answer it with this short article.
Before I do though I just want to say three things about the above email.
- Dude, she isn’t hinting at you, she’s practically begging for you to ask her out!
- It’s not inappropriate to ask a girl out when she’s working
- Never, ever let a situation like this post’s example stop you from asking a girl out, especially one who’s reciprocating interest.
Right, on with the show.
Time To Get Creative
Asking a girl out while she’s working behind the registers/counter is easy. You just have to get creative. Here’s three creative ways you can ask her out:
- If you have a business card write on the back “I would love to bury you head first in the sand sometime…and then take you out for a drink. Let me know when you’re free.”
- If you don’t have a business card write the example on the back of your receipt
- Failing that buy a carton of eggs and leave a note inside. Nine times out of ten she’ll check to make sure none of the eggs are cracked. If she doesn’t just ask her to check them for you
These ideas have worked for me in the past. If she’s fuck yes into you or even just curious she’ll love your creativity and ability to not let obstacles stop you from going after what you want.
Give it a go and let me know how you go in the comments below.
As always, thanks for reading.
P.s The Men’s Shed opens soon. This is an online community where men become better men through connecting with and learning from other men. Find out more here