Lunchtime Quickies are short, to the point tips on ways we can become better men during our lunch breaks or on the run.
How It Works
Each week you’ll find a quick tip or reminder in the areas of:
- General Advice
- Health, Fitness & Wellness
- Diet & Performance
- Dating & Relationships
- Career & Finance
Week 1: How To Never Be Late
- Set An Alarm In The Bedroom And The Bathroom
- Get A Good Night’s Sleep
- Leave 30 Minutes Early
- Organize Your Meals And What You’re Going To Ware
- Plan Your Trip
- Make Sure Your Car Is Topped Up
- Google Current Traffic Conditions From Point A-B
- Download Public Transport App For Your City/Region To Always Have Up-To-Date Information On Running Times/Delays And So On
Sometimes being late is unavoidable, but if you put into practice these tips you increase your chances of being on time, every time. Punctuality is a strong masculine trait and one that is highly valued, both in and out of the workplace.
Week 2: How To Deal With An Angry Co-Worker
Just the other day I had to deal with angry co-worker. This guy was frothing at the mouth and wanted to kill me. I could’ve Krav Maga’d ( is that even a word) his ass, but that would’ve got me fired and charged, and he would’ve crawled away bloodied and maimed, but still with his job. So took a few deep breaths, and apologized for making him upset (even though I hadn’t), and left the room. End result: He was severely reprimanded and then he quit-you beauty!
- Don’t let your emotions dictate your actions – stay calm!
- Ask the angry co-worker “is getting angry the best way to deal with this. Is it worth putting your job at risk?”
- Walk away if points 1 and 2 don’t work
- Let HR know immediately and try to get the matter resolved as soon as possible